The American Dream

Welcome to the American Dream! Home of The Angry American.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm married with one step daughter. We have one dog a Chihuahua/Terrier mix,and we have 2 ferrets. Who have total control of the basement.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Isn't this a sign of the Apocolypse? France is our ally again?



I've been meaning to write over the past week about what's been going on between Isreal and Lebanon. But I'm very angered over the situation. So I kind of wanted to calm down first so I did'nt come across as a complete lunatic. But today I saw something that just blew me away,and I had to talk about it. France is actually backing the U.S. And standing behind Isreal! According to a few things I've read. French President Jacques Chirac had a close freind named Rafik al-Hariri who was a former Lebanese prime minister who was killed in a car bomb in 2005. That may have changed Chirac's feeling about Hezbollah. Now we are still not quite on the same page as France. France is only standing behind Isreal,because they feel Isreal will completely destroy Lebanon. So Chirac would like to see Hezbollah taken out,and a new government put in place. He feels Hezbollah has provoked Isreal,and they have the right to defend themselves. But remeber France had some problems with militant Islamists a while back,and A huge population in France is Muslim. So he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers here. So he's just saying that Hezbollah has continued to push the boundries with Isreal until they had no choice but to fight back.An easy way out for Chirac,but that's not much of a surprise. It would be nice if instead Chirac said he is joining the war on terror,and Hezbollah is a terrorist organization. But it's a good start in the right direction for France anyway. Hell if France keeps up this pace I'll go back to calling my freedom fries french fries again. A short rant this time,but to the point. Until next time I'm The Angry American.

1 Comments:

Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I love France in many ways; but as an ally, they have been just plain wishy-washy. And I'd never want that country to "have our backs".

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home