The American Dream

Welcome to the American Dream! Home of The Angry American.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm married with one step daughter. We have one dog a Chihuahua/Terrier mix,and we have 2 ferrets. Who have total control of the basement.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Who's funding your politicians campaign?



I've meaning to write this post for some time, but just have been to busy to do it, but as it gets closer to election time I figured I better get on this one. Usually around election time there is lots of talk about special interest groups funding people's campaigns, so first let me say something about that. If you support abortion,and take money from a group that supports abortion I can't really say that is a conflict, I support the N.R.A. so if I were running for some type of public office I wouldn't think twice about taking money from a "special interest group" like the N.R.A. since I support them in the first place, But what about someone who is running on the platform of going after big oil tax breaks when they themselves have money invested in big oil or they continue to talk about how corporate lobbyists have hurt American Politics,but they never mention that they themselves were once a corporate lobbyist, and continues to help fund their campaign with Washington D.C. fundraisers. This is the situation we have here in Minnesota with a U.S. Senate candidate named Amy Klobuchar I could write an entire story just on this sorry excuse for a candidate, but I don't want to stray from the topic of outside money funding political campaigns. How many of you actually know where money comes from to support your candidate? Here in Minnesota it seems that the Democrats will take money from anyone willing to shovel it out. I'm sure many of you have heard of Al Franken, he's a former writer, and sometimes actor on Saturday Night Live. He also appears on many political talk show,and hosts a radio show that no one listens to. I do find Franken to be both funny,and intelligent, but also an egotistical jackass. He is also the founder of an organization called Midwest Values PAC. Since Franken is from Minnesota they donate mostly in Minnesota (I wonder how much they'll donate to his run at congress in 2008?) but they also donate to other's throughout the Midwest, and around the country according to their website. This year the PAC gave $5000 to the Alliance For a Better Minnesota ,and $15,000 to the State DFL Party here are some who donated to The PAC Barbara Streisand, Sydney Pollack, Rob Reiner,and Jimmy Smits just to name a few. What in the hell do any of these people now about Minnesota values? And what concern is it to them who runs our state? The last thing I care about is what Barbara Streisand, and Rob Reiner think about my values. Let's see what other outsiders have given money to the Minnesota Democratic party, First donating $625,000 to the Alliance for a better Minnesota Alida (Rockefeller) Messinger, a member of the Rockefeller family who is concerned about me, how wonderful! She also donated $75,000 to Win Minnesota, wow she must really care about us here in Minnesota, I'm so glad a Billionaire is willing to help us poor stupid farmers in Minnesota. Also donating to Win Minnesota at the tune of $100,000 is Lynde Uihlein who claims to be a homemaker from Milwaukee Wisconsin, but forgets to mention she's also the Heiress to the Schlitz Brewing Company. Donating to the State DFL, Mike Hatch for governor, Senate DFL,and Minnesota for a change for a total of $191,000 is former Clinton presidential advisory committee Vance Opperman who does live in Minnesota , and has spent most of his life spending his daddies money by bankrolling the Minnesota DFL his dad ran West Publishing a family business, which sold in 1996 for 3.4 Billion in CASH. His father once said "I have political friends, he (Vance) has political friends, and so even if the government changes, we have someone in control." Donating to the Hatch campaign, Minnesota for Change, and Citizens For Effective Government for a total of $111,000 is James Deal a Washington state lawyer as well as a mortgage broker in the state of Washington. How can someone from the state of Washington donate to an organization called "Minnesota For A Change", and why does he care who our Governor is? Last, but not least is our old buddy,the guy who finances every democrat he can find, and spent 23.5 million dollars of his own money to try, and defeat George Bush in 2004. Mr. George Soros. who donated $100,000 to America Votes, and I'm sure will donate more as time goes on. So my question is, do we really care if someone excepts money from a special interest group that the person supports, or should we be worried about these outside interests who really should have no interest in the state to begin with? I wouldn't even care about a celebrity supporting a candidate if they have interests in our government. I wouldn't care if Prince who still lives here a good portion of the year donated, or Bill Murry or Tom Cruise who both used to own cabins in Minnesota (they still might I don't know for sure) or even a rich daddies boy like Vance Opperman who still lives here. What bothers me are these outside interests who have no reason to care who runs our government, chances are if these people care about who runs our state, they care who run yours, and at some point they are going to want something in return, or they are simply jamming their agenda down your throat. Either way that is something that is not good for any community. Until next time I'm The Angry American

7 Comments:

Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Michael Moore also has stock investments in a company he's criticized...not Halliburton; can't remember now; but it is related to what you are saying regarding the hypocrisy.

1:55 PM  
Blogger The Angry American said...

WS! How have you been? Haven't heard from you in a while. Well I see your blog of course,but haven't seen you in my neck of the woods lately

1:58 AM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

You've been posting more regularly than when you started out. I see you are branching out and visiting some other blogs as well. Good for you. It's a good way to gain some readers and blogging buddies.

Just because I don't comment on every thread, doesn't mean I don't visit, btw. Sometimes, I just have nothing worth saying. So I just keep shut.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hi, Angry American!

Great blog!

I didn't expect to find WS here. The man is everywhere. :)

Now, back to your post-- The funding of campaigns.

In Wisconsin, we're in the middle of a heated governor's race.

I looked into where the money was coming from.

A sizable group of Doyle's (the incumbent Dem) donors include individuals from all over the country -- lots of lawyers and their spouses. Green (the Republican challenger) gets over 95% of his contributions from Wisconsinites.

What does a Beverly Hills lawyer's wife have to do with my state?

All politics is local?

I don't think so.

9:37 AM  
Blogger The Angry American said...

The democrats will do whatever it takes to get elected, and will take money from anyone who is willing to give them money. Basicly their party will whore themselves out to whoever has a checkbook

12:35 PM  
Blogger Mike's America said...

Good grief! That Wordsmith sure gets around. Everywhere I go Wordsmith has been there first!

2:00 AM  
Blogger The Angry American said...

lol. Yeah he was the very first to ever check out my blog,and I wish my blog was as organized as his

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home