The American Dream

Welcome to the American Dream! Home of The Angry American.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm married with one step daughter. We have one dog a Chihuahua/Terrier mix,and we have 2 ferrets. Who have total control of the basement.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

No thanks I'll take care of myself


In my last post about Michael Moore I wanted to get a little more in depth about health care in America,but just didn't have the time to get into the detail I would have liked,so I'll take this time to do that now. Michael Moore's next "documentary" is going to be called "Sicko" and is about the poor health care system here in America. I suggest anyone who thinks we have such poor health care move to any country in which thy think it is better. There is not one single country in the world that spends as much as we do on medical research. We like to complain that we can get our medicine cheaper in Canada.Which is true,but what most people forget to mention is that most of the time the cheaper medicine you're getting from Canada is not the drug companies brand,but a generic brand from a Canadian pharmacy. You can sell a product much cheaper when you don't have to do the research yourself.While we're on the subject on Canada let's talk about them for a while, the liberals in this country love to use Canada as a shining example of FREE health care for all it's citizens,and I'm sure Moore will push that as well in his film,but they always leave out the fact that the FREE health care in Canada sucks! So now they have two health care systems in Canada,the one that the wealthy have that they pay for themselves ,and the Free one almost every other citizen has.So when you call your Doctor in Canada to make an appointment for let's say the flu,and they ask you what kind of health care they will be using,and you tell them the Government issued insurance,who do you think will get an appointment? the one that the government reimburses,or the one the private insurance reimburses? Ask anyone in Canada about the great FREE health care,you actually have to be put on a waiting list for minor medical treatments like having your tonsils removed. You may have to wait for up to a year or longer for such a minor medical procedure.Why?because the Canadian Government needs to okay such a procedure first,but enough about Canada. Let's get back to America. Let's talk about my health insurance. When I was 18,and was first offered health insurance thru my job I paid about $15.00 a month for 100 percent coverage with no co-pay. The next year it became around $20.00 for 100 percent coverage with a $5.00 co-pay for both office visits and medicine co-pay. The company I worked for at that time had around 300 employees,now lets jump ahead to current days. I work for a company with about 35 employees,and this year our plan changed so drastically that we now have a huge deductible to the point that we basically will not even use our insurance at all.Now some would be outraged,how in America can this happen? Well I'll tell you every single year for 5 years our company used more money then we paid in. Just last year we had one person who needed a pacemaker,one person,and his wife both had knee surgery,there were two babies born,one person had carpal tunnel surgery,and I had tests done for carpal tunnel only to find out I had arthritis in my wrist,and those are just the major things I can think of,and know of.So should the insurance company continue to take a lose on our company? Or should my employer continue to have to pay huge premiums, or even bigger premiums? Sure they could have,but then they would have had to let some people go from their jobs. Who do you think would go? Someone who's 25-35 years old,and will have less medical spending or someone who 50-60,and will use it more? So my employer has done other things to try to cover the bases,like putting money into Medical Savings Accounts for each employee,and paying for a good portion of a membership at the YMCA,as well as other things. Insurance company's are in business for the same reason as everyone else, they HAVE to turn a profit in order to stay in business,so stop complaining, and stop complaining they make to much profit.If you own a business,and you turned a profit this year should you feel guilty about it? And we do have free health care here in America, many citizens have free health care,but when someone goes to the hospital, and does not have insurance,and then skips out with either false information or they're an illegal alien who pays for it? The hospital doesn't just write that off,when you go to the hospital that's all figured in to cover people who are going to skip out on the bill.That's why when you're in the hospital an aspirin costs $5.00. So ask yourself,do you want to pay $5.00 for an aspirin? Or do you want to wait 12 months for the government to give you an aspirin? The Angry American

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Are you the same "The Angry American" that posted on my blog? Or did someone steal your name?

Good for you for going after Michael Moore, I wish he would just go away also!

9:21 AM  
Blogger The Angry American said...

Nope that one is not me, I suppose it's a liberal fan who would rather hide behind a screen name.

9:52 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Haha....Marie, when I first saw that guy's comments, I knew it couldn't be this same angry american who owns this blog.


People are stuck with stage one thinking with feel good solutions, not thinking of the consequences. Liberal policy often gets the opposite and undesired results to what they are trying to accomplish. It makes them feel good, the empirical evidence be damned, that they are doing more harm than good.

Thomas Sowell is good at laying things out when it comes to explaining about health care and drug companies. Even liberals might understand it, if they bothered to read outside of their liberal ideology and looked at the empirical data.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Marie's Two Cents said...

Well you could have let me know Word wink ;-).

I cant stand Name Stealers, and when I saw The REAL Angry American's Blog I just had to ask lol.

I think when I was on your blog Word and saw him linked I was thinking I'm gonna go ask him lol.

6:29 PM  
Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

Well, if I ever encounter a "marie's2cents" spouting Democratic talking points, you'll be the first I tell.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home