The American Dream

Welcome to the American Dream! Home of The Angry American.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm married with one step daughter. We have one dog a Chihuahua/Terrier mix,and we have 2 ferrets. Who have total control of the basement.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Take a little drive,and tell me what you see. The Democrats have lost their base


Yesterday afternoon I drove about 45 minutes to my uncle's farm to pick pears, and apples. The drive out there is mostly thru farm country,and you also have to drive thru about six small town farm communities, now the DFL stands for Democratic Farm Labor Party so with the elections coming soon I assumed that small farm towns would lean Democrat, but on the way to the farm it did'nt seem that way, so on the way back I tried to keep track in my head,and I would say that signs supporting Republicans out numbered Democrat signs by about 80%. They say that in Minnesota it is about 43% who support the Democratic party, and 41% who support the Republican, and the rest don't favor either party. I've also noticed that the big cities like the one I work in, and the one I grew up in both seem to lean very much towards the Democratic party. Now what is my point? Well basicly that the Democratic Farm Labor party has now lost it's base. Instead it gets the support of people who live in bigger cities who have higher home prices, and higher property taxes. The farmers can see the Republican tax breaks have worked, many farmers here in Minnesota farm, and work day jobs,or they farm full time,but their wives work full time. Farming in Minnesota has become more of a noble cause over the years, and a family tradition it's very difficult to farm full time, and turn a profit. Most in this day,and age use it to make some extra money. So these aren't corporate farmers,they are hard working blue collar people who during the fall of the year when they have crops to get in will probably work 7 days a week until it's done. They have turned thier backs on the Democrats,and have seen that tax breaks for all work. Remember this is the democrats original base who no longer believe in them , Instead their base has switched to people who live in big cities who say they don't want the tax breaks because they want the government to put that money into something else that is more important,but then they complain that their property taxes are to high. The reason their property taxes are high is because the town they live in is using that money for those extras they want. So do you want the state or federal government to pay for those things or your local government,and what's the difference either way you pay for it. So this is what the Democratic party has now become a bunch of whinners who want the government to take care of them, and the hard working people the democratic party was started to defend know it,and have turned their backs on their own party. These people support strong military,and that each community should take care of itself, and not rely on the government to take care of you. If you're a farmer,and paying taxes does any of that money funnel to your communitie....NO it goes to Minneapolis,and St.Paul. Does the Democratic party support anything that these people believe in? Again the answer is no. The Democrats have lost their base,and lost their way as well. The Angry American

3 Comments:

Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

I've lived in California for so long- all of my adult years- that the idea of a "red state" is like a distant myth to me; I have no idea what it must feel like to live amongst fellow like-minded conservatives.

I really feel like most liberal voters here just don't understand conservatism.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Hey AA: Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll put you on my blogroll.

Yes, it is interesting when people learn that depending on government (or a particular political party) to take care of them isn't the best thing for them. Then they realize that they can prety well take care of themselves a whole lot more effectively and cheaper. Unfortunately, there are those slackers who just don't want to put forth the effort...

7:53 PM  
Blogger The Angry American said...

WS It's strange around here right now. Minnesota has for the most part always been heavily Democrat hell our state voted for Carter,and then in the next election Mondale only took Minnesota, but over the past 10 years it has started to change. I think the big change came when Ventura became Governor, he leaned more towards the democrat side,but when he was in office their party went after him brutely,and I think it made a lot of people decide that they aren't so great after all. Tom thanks for the visit I stil have not figured out how to link other blogs to mine. Every time I try I mess up the front page somehow. I follow the instructions,but I still mess it up, Just not computer literate I guess.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home