The American Dream

Welcome to the American Dream! Home of The Angry American.

Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

I'm married with one step daughter. We have one dog a Chihuahua/Terrier mix,and we have 2 ferrets. Who have total control of the basement.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Rest in Peace Don Knotts


It's been a while since I've been able to post. Mainly due to the fact that I was completly wiped out with the flu for about 6 days. And this may seem like a bit of a strange post for me since it has nothing to do with politics,but I just had to say something about the passing of Don Knotts. The Andy Griffith show is by far one of my favorite T.V. programs. Much like the Beverly Hillbillies It's from a time that is long gone,but the humor stands the test of time. It was never crude,racist,sexist or in anyway offensive. But everytime I watch a classic episode I can't help but laugh. Even If I've allready seen it 100 times which is usually the case with any Andy Griffith episode. Let's face it everyone has used the term "Barney Fife" at some point to explain an over zealous police officer or a security gaurd. The character of Barney Fife was never meant to be a main character of the show. He was supposed to be a supporting character who made an appearence every now and then. Like Floyd the Barber , Otis the Drunk or Goober. But the Barney character took over the screen the first time he ever appeared,and he became a regular. In my opinion once Don Knotts left the show it was never the same. Still a good show, but something was allways missing without Barney. So Don Knotts thank you for makeing me laugh for so many years,and may you rest in peace.........(Did you notice in the picture who's in the back of the squad car?)

1 Comments:

Blogger The WordSmith from Nantucket said...

My mom used to call him affectionately, "Dumb Nuts". I loved his karate chops. I also remember growing up laughing at him in Disney's Apple Dumpling gang.

And yes, I noticed the backseat passenger.

Hope you are doing better.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home